KUBIKx is an independent venture builder supported by Schmitz Cargobull. We are as agile and innovative as a start-up while being able to access the global network, expertise and 125-year history of a global market leader. We create an open space and unite digital talents to identify, test and build upon ideas that could shape next generation logistics.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to become an essential part in building up the platform product that support our various projects and ventures in the fields of IoT and transport digitalization with innovative features. You will work on exciting fresh ideas, thinking of how to re-purpose data or make use of AI with a very high degree of freedom and decision making.
- You work with PMs and other engineers to define, design, and build our platform SaaS
- You implement and optimize backend services, features, algorithm and APIs
- You take ownership of the entire development cycle – from architecture to implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance • You own your code. It’s elegant, scalable and maintainable. You’re proud of it!
- You coach and mentor junior peers on quality, best practices, patterns and frameworks
- You participate in KUBIKx’s ideation and innovation process to identify the next game changers
- You elevate our Engineering culture by constantly updating your knowledge and sharing your ideas, insights and expertise
- 5+ years of experience building highly scalable backend services
- Experience working with a major JVM language (e.g. Java or Scala) and major frameworks such as Spring or Play and a good understanding of microservice architectures and RESTful APIs
- Skilled in designing, implementing and maintaining scalable and flexible data storage strategies with past experience with some leading SQL and NoSQL solutions (MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, BigTable,…)
- Experience with leading cloud computing platforms like AWS or Google Cloud Platform and related technologies such as Docker and
- Experience with any other major programming languages like Go, Node.js, Ruby, Python is a plus
- Expertise in agile development practices (TDD, BDD, pair programming, …) is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is a plus
What we offer
- Be an essential member of a smart and committed team with the backup of an European market leader from its very start
- No legacy
- Work with a high degree of freedom and flexibility – you select your tech-stack and constantly explore new things
- A competitive compensation package
- Flexible working times at an attractive central location in Berlin